The next generation MONOPOLY game featuring the newly selected token set is now also available in-store.
Earlier in the year fans from around the globe were invited to vote to keep their favourite token on the board. The campaign drew over 4.3 million fan votes and the eight tokens set to “pass GO” in the next generation of the MONOPOLY game include:
· Scottie Dog Token: The best friend of Mr. MONOPOLY since the 1950s, the Scottie Dog token proved its popularity by receiving the most votes – making it the overall first place winner.
· T-Rex Token: The mighty T-Rex token stomped its way into the new game, garnering the second most overall votes and making history as the first dinosaur token of Mr. MONOPOLY.
· Top Hat Token: Coming in third place in overall votes, the Top Hat token – a staple in the game since 1935 – will keep Mr. MONOPOLY looking dapper well into the future.
· Car Token: This 1930s roadster will continue fueling adrenaline rushes for Mr. MONOPOLY in the next generation of the game; coming in fourth place in overall votes.
· Rubber Ducky Token: Coming in fifth in overall votes, the new Rubber Ducky token is truly all its “quacked” up to be.
· Cat Token: Fans voted the Cat token into the game in 2013, and she clawed her way back in as one of the eight winning tokens, coming in sixth place in overall votes.
· Penguin Token: Waddling into the game in seventh place in overall votes, the Penguin token is the new style muse for Mr. MONOPOLY.
· Battleship Token: The beloved Battleship token represents the first round-the-world trip for Mr. MONOPOLY; securing the eighth spot in overall votes, this token’s legacy will cruise into the next generation of the game.
The latest edition to the MONOPOLY fold, MONOPOLY GAMER, is the MONOPOLY game with a Nintendo twist. Featuring special power-ups and Super Mario characters, MONOPOLY GAMER introduces beloved Nintendo characters and new twists to the MONOPOLY game.
MONOPOLY GAMER will feel familiar yet fresh to both MONOPOLY and Nintendo fans, as player’s race around the board to complete levels (buy property), collect coins (money) – either from the bank or by using special powers to take them from other players – and battle legendary bosses to rack up points and win the game. Players can choose from fan-favorite Super Mario character tokens, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Princess Peach and Yoshi.
For the first time in MONOPOLY history, each character token will have its own unique power-up ability, introducing another layer of strategy for new and old players alike. For example, landing on the Super Star board space will activate Princess Peach’s Super Star ability to collect rent from the bank. Players can also activate a special power-up boost by rolling the power-up die.
Fans can take their MONOPOLY GAMER experience to the next level with the purchase of MONOPOLY GAMER POWER PACKS (each sold separately), which include one of several Super Mario character tokens like Luigi, Boo, Rosalina, Wario, Diddy Kong and more.
The MONOPOLY brand has been a staple in the gaming aisle for more than 80 years, and now Mario, Yoshi and other characters will have the chance to bring their powers to life in MONOPOLY GAMER Edition game.
The latest MONOPOLY games from Hasbro Gaming are available from Toys R Us, ToyZone, Toy Kingdom, Hamleys, Lilliputs and other major retailers. You can also shop online at Takealot.com