WALL-TO-WALL ENTERTAINMENT FOR YOUNGSTERS IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
There’s a bounty of entertainment for the younger
attendees at this year’s DStv Delicious International Food and Music Festival thanks to the fun and action-packed Kid Zone.
The sumptuous two-day music and food fest takes place at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit in Midrand on 22 and 23 September 2018 with a special and safe area dedicated to the kids, making this the perfect entertainment extravaganza for the whole family.
The Kids Zone includes PlayStation trailers with a Lego gaming village, giant inflatables featuring a fantasy castle, avalanche slide and two parachute rockets to name a few. Youngsters will be able to meet and greet and have their pictures taken with the Power Puff Girls brought to you by Cartoon Network, whilst also standing a chance to take part in the Boogie Woogie Bake Off with fabulous prize giveaways from Lego, and be entertained by balloon sculptors, jugglers, face painting artists, and a magician.
To keep you connected with your little ones, Vodacom is bringing an interactive photo-booth. There are various FUN stations including an action activity zone where there will be the Tug o’ War challenge, gym ball races, water bomb catcher challenge, the cookie chaser challenge, and three legged races; a thrilling climbing wall and a four-person bungee trampoline, all mixed in with a ton of belly laughs! If action is not child’s your thing, the Kids Zone is calling all superheroes, princesses, unicorns, and fairies! There’s an amazing creation station with glittery unicorn slime, superhero and princess mask making, colouring-in with crayons, and so much more. Kids who are interested or into racing can get talking with other fans and even gain more knowledge on their favorite racers like Kenny Habul.
There will be a fun food station just for the young audience serving hotdogs, chip ‘n’ dip, popcorn, candy floss, soft serve, slush puppy, and mini donuts.
The Kids Zone shuts down at 19h00 on both nights so the kids can settle into movie night on a comfy beanbag with a host of the most popular children’s films of all time. The cost for this world of excitement and fun in the Kids Zone is R280 a child, a day.
The children’s safety is paramount to the festival organisers. Children along with a nominated parent will wear arm bands with radio-frequency identification (RFID). No children will be allowed to exit without being signed out by the nominated parent with rigorous procedures in place.
With new-age registration points, trained child minders, one entry and one exit point, and no fear of sunburn, dehydration or being caught in the rain, there is no other place you would want your kid to be.
Non-stop action for the adults
Grammy Award winner Louie Vega leads the star-studded music line-up and will be joined by South Africa icons Lira and Simphiwe Dana in the Womandla set, as well as neo-soul idol Erykah Badu, New Zealand’s young soul singer and multi-instrumentalist Jordan Rakei, DJ Collective, Jazzanova Live, and the British acid jazz band D-Influence. New York born Todd Terry and South African dance demigods DJ Christos, Vinny Da Vinci, DJ Oskido, DJ Fresh and Greg The Maestro complete the music and dance line-up.
Celebrated South African chef, restaurant owner, and TV personality Reuben Riffel returns by popular demand bringing his sensational Franshhoek based restaurant Reuben’s to Johannesburg for the two days with a not-to-be-missed taste sensation of some of his fabulous signature dishes, all brought to you by Coca-Cola.
During the Heritage Day culinary weekend, festival fans can enjoy some of their favorite food market vendors under one roof on the Delicious Mile, the professionally curated gourmet street food market which is the best of its kind in South Africa. Coke Food Fest will boast 15 restaurants on the Delicious Mile over the event weekend.
DStv has been the key partner to the Delicious Festival since its inception. As the home of truly great international and local entertainment, Delicious is an opportunity for DStv to bring its content to life. Festival goers are treated to immersive and interactive experiences with some of their favourite channels such as Food Network, BBC, Travel Channel, kykNET and more. The partnership with Delicious Festival also gives DStv the opportunity to thank its
customers and media for their loyal support, through the extended hospitality close to the Main Stage.
For more information
visit www.deliciousfestival.com, sms ‘Delicious’ to 33592, or follow the official social media pages:
➢ Facebook – DeliciousFestivalSA
➢ Twitter – @DeliciousFestSA
➢ Instagram – @dstvdeliciousfestival
Tickets range from R280 for Kids Zone passes for children between the ages of 3-13, to R1 450 to access The Delicious Lounge in association with Tanqueray and Johnnie Walker. Visit our website www.deliciousfestival.com or sms Tickets to 33592 to find out what value each ticket holds (sms costs R1.50).
Please see more information on the ticket offerings below:
The Kids Zone
Passes are R280 per child, per event day (restricted to ages 3 – 13 years) and include the following:
● Access to the festival grounds
● Entry to general public areas (general access standing area, food market, lifestyle activations, DStv channel activations)
● Access into the Kids Zone for children between the ages of 3 and 13. Children under the age of three are prohibited from entering the Kids Zone
● 10 hours of fun which includes age appropriate food and music-related activities, in a safe and climate-controlled space
● Yummy food and treats the kids will have access to throughout the day
The Delicious Early Bird GA Pass
R550 per person per day
R1000 per person for a weekend pass (Saturday & Sunday)
Includes the following:
- Access into festival grounds
- Entry to general public areas (general access standing area, lifestyle activations, DStv channel activations)
- Access to general access bars. No persons under the age of 18 will be permitted into areas that serve alcoholic beverages
- World-class entertainment with the best international and local acts on the Main Stage
- Access to Delicious Mile: the esteemed Gourmet Street-Food Market
- Persons under the age of 3 enter free but are prohibited from entering specified areas
The Delicious Lounge in association with Tanqueray and Johnnie Walker
R1450 per person per day
Includes the following:
• Access into The Delicious Lounge
• VIP Cash Bar
• Tented lounge and furniture
• Fenced Garden with sight lines to the Main Stage and Screens
• Access to Private VIP Toilets
• Access to all General Access areas (Main Festival terrace, Delicious Mile, DStv Channel activations, and more!)
• World-class entertainment with the best international and local acts on the Main Stage
• NO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE VIP LOUNGE
Reuben Riffel’s Long-Table Restaurant
R750 per person per sitting (Either Lunch or Dinner)
Includes the following:
- The added value of a multi-course gastronomic journey perfectly curated by Reuben Riffel
- Long-Table seating
- Access to a cash bar that’ll compliment your every bite
- No persons under the age of 18 may be served beverages with alcoholic content
- Please note this package can only be purchased in conjunction with Festival Access Pass