What is #knowyourbody about
Femagene introduced the Know your body campaign with the aim to educate and create awareness around relevant issues and questions women have about their bodies. By breaking barriers and overcoming taboos, their purpose is to teach women to discuss hygiene issues openly which subsequently increases their self confidence.
Know Your Body is highlighting how Femagene understands complex issues amongst women and has various products that support health and
hygiene for women.
The importance of Intimate hygiene
Intimate hygiene is important for overall health. It not only has a soothing effect but also protects a woman from harmful bacteria which could be the main cause of fatal diseases like cancer, various infections, sterility or other kinds of diseases. The key steps involved in the maintenance of intimate hygiene are given below:
- Wear loose, breathable and cotton fabrics which allow proper air circulation around the vaginal area. This also reduces vaginal sweating which is the main cause of various infections.
- Clean the vaginal portion with a mild soap and warm water. Then dry off the wet portion with a clean towel or a wet wipe.
- Wipe off the genital area gently after urination with the help of a tissue paper or by using wet wipes.
- Change sanitary napkins, tampons and panty liners many times a day, to avoid any risk of infections or foul odours.
- Use unscented intimate wash products, menstruation products, toilet papers or various feminine products.
- Wash the vaginal portion after a sexual intercourse as this may increase the proneness to vaginal infections.
During periods, intimate hygiene is crucial so forget what grandmothers used to say about “no washing during ‘those’ days”! Today, a better understanding of the female body and of its needs, together with a different lifestyle, allows us to understand and value the importance of intimate hygiene during our monthly period, most importantly for our health and well being.
Be part of the Conversations
Join our Instagram V-talks series to engage and share your views regarding intimate hygiene.
The #KnowYourBody theme will run for 6 weeks and drive such topics as: first time periods and how to communicate with our kids. In a number of short videos we aim to drive interesting conversations and discuss content that matters.
Do visit FEMAGENE® to browse their range of pH balanced soap variations and other product.